Thorpe House School was founded in 1923 by Cyril Averill as a traditional boys’ prep school with Mr Averill as the school’s first Headmaster. The school opened on a site in The Queensway, just behind where main school is now.
In September, Cyril Averill’s son, Maurice takes over as proprietor and Headmaster.
In September, Maurice Averill retires as Headmaster but stays on as Bursar. Leighton Brunt is appointed as the new Headmaster.
September sees Thorpe House School become a Charitable Educational Trust, but Kingscote remains a proprietorial school.
In April, Anthony Lock is appointed Headmaster at Thorpe House.
In January, Natasha Doran is appointed Head of Pre-Prep. In August, Thorpe House successfully purchases the field surrounding the Pre-Prep Department, securing it for future generations of Thorpe House boys to use. Anthony Lock retires as Headmaster and Terence Ayres is appointed Headmaster and remains so today.