To enable your son's application to be processed, please complete all sections of the form and ensure you either post the non-refundable registration fee of £100 to the school office or pay it via BACS. If a place is subsequently offered it will be subject to parents signing the School / Parent Contract and to the information provided on this form being correct and without omissions.
In signing this registration form, parents accept the following conditions:
The registration of a boy at Thorpe House is not a guarantee of a place. When the school is able to accept a boy, both parents / guardians are required to fill in an Acceptance Form agreeing to the terms and conditions as set out in the School/Parent Contract document. They also have to pay an entrance deposit to secure the place, some of which is set off against the first term’s fees.
Key points within the School / Parent contract:
- All fees are payable in advance by the first day of each term. Overdue accounts attract a surcharge.
- If a boy is to be removed from the school or withdrawn from the school list prior to entry, a full term’s notice in writing is required before the first teaching day of a new academic term.
- The Headmaster of Thorpe House reserves the right to require the removal of a boy if, in his opinion, the interests of the school demand it.
- Parents undertake to ensure punctual attendance of their sons at school. Parents seeking permission for a boy’s leave of absence during term time should write to the Headmaster. In the event of a boy’s illness during a term, the parents should telephone the school office as early as possible on the day.
- Parents are asked to bring to the school’s attention:
- a change of home address, telephone number or e-mail address;
- a change of daytime contact telephone number;
- a change in family circumstances likely to significantly affect their son’s performance at school;
- an occasion when their son has been in contact with an infectious disease;
- any medical problem which might require special care or attention.
By signing the School / Parent Contract, parents/guardians agree that their son will observe and be bound by the school’s rules. These are issued with the contract but certain key points are listed below:
- Whilst boys of every nationality and creed are welcomed, the school’s religious affiliation is to the Church of England and as such the beliefs of the Anglican Church are upheld. All boys are expected to attend assembly and to take part in acts of corporate worship and celebrations of Christian festivals. Religious Studies lessons are on the timetable throughout both schools and are not optional.
- P.E. lessons and major sports sessions are compulsory unless there are medical grounds for absence, notified in a letter from the parent.
- The school provides lunch. Special dietary requirements can usually be catered for but the school cannot guarantee to offer alternative menus in all cases.
- Boys at school are not allowed to buy, sell, swap or have large amounts of money. They are not allowed to bring food, sweets, toys or expensive items into school without special permission. Dangerous items such as knives, matches and lighters are expressly forbidden, as are cigarettes and non-prescription drugs. Boys below Year 9 are not allowed to bring mobile phones into the school unless permission has been previously granted and the phones are lodged in the school office throughout the day.
- Good and bad behaviour are acknowledged by a system of rewards and sanctions
- Whilst wearing school uniform, boys should consider themselves under school rules; these would disallow, for instance, eating or drinking in the streets.
Although the school rules cannot cover every eventuality, they are written with the intention of ensuring safety and consideration for others. The rules are enforced firmly and fairly.
All information on boys and their families held by the school is confidential. We will only pass on personal data to another school or educational authority when parents have accepted a place at a new school on leaving Thorpe House.
Thorpe House bank details:
Account Name: Thorpe House School Trust
Sort Code: 20-01-72
Account Number: 30910481
IBAN: GB70 BARC 2002 0630 9104 81
SWIFTBIC: BARC GB22